View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 06:10 PM   #44
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
I think folks are being a little hard on SU in this thread. (why all the hypersensitivity lately?)

Last I checked, demonic posession was not part of our articles of faith.

When is the last time you heard a conference talk on demonic posession?
When is the last time you heard a sacrament meeting talk on demonic posession?
When is the last time you had a sunday school/priesthood/rs discussion on demonic posession?

You may find some obscure examples, but it is extraordinarily rare.

It's not a core belief. Not even close. And it's pretty bizarre at that. Don't you find it odd that God would allow a spirit to take over another person's body, thereby usurping that person's free agency? How does that fit into any gospel plan? I can certainly understand why people believe that these episodes can be explained by mental illness.

Yeah, but according to some on here, they believe the Articles of Faith don't share any real core beliefs either.

Without getting too deep and into sacred things, it's my understanding that when Lucifer was cast out, that he would take those who follow him and attempt to destroy, mislead and possess the bodies given to those who would follow the plan that Christ set forth. I could be way off, and if I am forgive me, but I could see where possession might happen on occassion.

Some people believe that individuals are born gay, thus usurping their free agency...that they "had no choice to be gay or not." So it's a pretty grey area I guess.

Last edited by RockyBalboa; 05-17-2007 at 06:21 PM.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote