View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 04:45 PM   #13
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Please, for the love of God. If Booker T. Washingon clones had managed black efforts to win equality promised by the Bill of Rights and that was their due per natural law, red state blacks would still be going to separate schools and being sent to the back of the bus and being regarded as second class by their religious faith of choice. Booker T. Washington's great and brilliant contemporary and antagonist W.E.B. DuBois, who wound up moving to Paris in disgust, is a worthy study in contrast to put Booker T. Washington in his proper place in history.

That Booker T. Washington would write such a thing while his fellow blacks were suffering the degredation of Jim Crow is quite reprehensible and says it all about who were his real constituents. I doubt that passage was quoted by Wikipedia in a laudatory way.

That Tex would lap that quotation up like a dog to his vomit says all I need to know about Tex's true state of mind about race issues. Venkman, you should be ashamed.

Tex, you go ahead and keep quoting Booker T., so that all whom you will encounter will appreciate immediately the content of your character. Yeah, go ahead and tell me how many black friends you have. I'm not impressed. That's what they all say.
Personally, I don't give a rat's ass about Booker T Washington's body of work, good or bad. The quote posted above is spot on.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote