Default The zealot defenders of blacks and the priesthood

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=2681361

Quote:
And I feel worse for those who

Author: Frustrated Coug
Date: May 10, 2007 - 10:14am
Category: Political discussion
Viewed 16 times

know nothing about what they speak of and feel the Lord doesn't mind criticizing His servants.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord's Church. It is He who runs it. If you think something as vital as the privilege of holding and exercising the priesthood at its highest level being denied to any group of people is done for any other reason than the Lord commanded it to be so, then I feel sorry for you because clearly this delusion will lead to other areas in which you will be critical of the prophets.

I will grant you that to outsiders, it appears racist. However, my point is that for any member to publicly cast doubt on the intentions and motives of the Lord's annointed in order to gain the favor of the masses will find they have a lot to answer before the Bar of God.
I feel bad for these types. I know where they are coming from. You are trying to wrap your mind around the idea, with no direction or guidance from the prophet and apostles.

I think this is a case where common members of the church have stepped up and inserted an answer THAT MAKES SENSE, when no answer was forthcoming from the church.

This isn't about attacking the church, this is about helping that member that is really struggling with the issue and can't reconcile Jesus being a racist.

It's comforting to accept that view that Jesus is not in fact a racist. Fallible men, however, can be racists.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote