View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 10:52 PM   #29
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Mmmm, not sure that's what I get out of it, but people can judge for themselves.
I'd like your comments on these passages from your boy BRM:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRM View Post
'There are those who say that God is progressing in knowledge and is learning new truths.

This is false -- utterly, totally, and completely. There is not one sliver of truth in it. It grows out of a wholly twisted and incorrect view of the King Follet Sermon and of what is meant by eternal progression.'

'In that same devotional speech I said: "There are those
who believe or say they believe that Adam is our father and our God, that he is the father of our spirits and our bodies, and that his is the one we worship." I, of course, indicated the utter absurdity of this doctrine and said it was totally false.'

'And there are even those who champion the almost unbelievable theory that God is an Eternal student enrolled in the University of the Universe where he is busily engaged in learning new truths and amassing new and strange knowledge that he never knew before.

How belittling it is -- it borders on blasphemy -- to demean the Lord God Omnipotent by saying he is an idol, or image, or an animal, or a spirit essence, or that he is ever learning but never able to come to a knowledge of all truth.'

'Yes, President Young did teach that Adam was the father of our spirits, and all the related things that the cultists ascribe to him. This, however, is not true. He expressed views that are out of harmony with the gospel. But, be it known, Brigham Young also taught accurately and correctly, the status and position of Adam in the eternal scheme of things. What I am saying is, that Brigham Young contradicted Brigham Young, and the issue becomes one of which Brigham Young we will believe. The answer is we will believe the expressions that accord with the teachings in the Standard Works.

Yes, Brigham Young did say some things about God progressing in knowledge and understanding, but again, be it known, that Brigham Young taught emphatically and plainly, that God knows all things and has all power meaning in the infinite, eternal and ultimate and absolute sense of the word. Again, the issue is, which Brigham Young shall we believe and the answer is: We will take the one whose statements accord with what God has revealed in the Standard Works.'

Last edited by fusnik11; 05-09-2007 at 10:55 PM.
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote