View Single Post
Old 01-17-2006, 12:54 AM   #10
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

508 is a single member event or a relay event. I opt for the relay event as I still have a few clients.

As you may or may not remember, I am a novice triathlete and have started training cycling to improve in that arena. As a cyclist, I suck. As a runner I suck. As a swimmer I'm passable.

So given my OCD behavior, I joined a masters swim team, sponsored three cycling teams and a tri team and now run with an ultra runner.

My ultra runner friend runs with me on speed days and on his short day. On speed days, he runs five miles to our track. We do five one mile repeats, I hasten to the gym and he runs another five miles. ON his short day, we run fifteen to twenty miles, and then I do a brick.

I only bike four days, with some rides as short as 25 miles but most are in the 40 to 50 range and an occasional 90 to 110 miler thrown in for good measure. I still need more intensity as the racers drop me almost every time. It might have to do that they don't swim or run before cycling workouts but what do I know.

I love cycling, I'm just not made for it.

Think about the 508 as a team or maybe if I can be in shape, LotoJa.