View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 03:34 AM   #10
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33 View Post
Their seed is not what I was referring to as luck. They earned it and rightfully so.

While those cities you listed have paltry teams, Toronto perhaps excluded though they do play in the East, all have advantages of living there over SLC when viewed through the eyes of the demographic of today's NBA player. I'd argue that winning isn't everything.

My point being, if there is another team capable of being a playoff team with the addition of Deron Williams or already is without him, and can offer the same amount of money why would he stay? And trust me there will be many teams with enticing offers when his contract comes up. If he does stay, how much does Utah give up to keep him? What does that leave for the rest of the team? While DWill is the man, he's not someone in my opinion you should build a team around.
Utah is not building a team around him -he is a part of the team. Ultimately perhaps his character will reveal that's not good enough. However, the jazz control his contract for the next several years -he will not have a choice to go any where else

If they keep the essential peices in place and pick up an athletic two guard they will make a run.

NBA players love the visit Toronto -they just don't want to live in Canada. With the ammounts of money players are making these days as compared to durring Ronny Seikly's NBA tenure, living in SLC isn't all that bad especially when you can get a $100 or less flight to vegas any time you feel the urge.

There are worse places to live in the NBA right now.
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote