View Single Post
Old 05-03-2007, 12:44 AM   #48
BlueHair

BlueHair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Sometimes, I feel like this historical handwringing that goes on is akin to someone complaining about how they don't like DOS when their PC is running Windows XP.

Most of this stuff was several versions ago and is no longer a part of the current religious product.
I will certainly agree that today's version of the church is the best so far. The problem is when you make people pray that the old version is true, you might run into a snag. I would be able to accept that Windows XP is a good operating system if someone didn't make me agree that DOS was good. Now, I'm sure 20 years from now whatever we run on our home computers (if we even have home computers) will be better than XP, then XP will suck. I guess it's a matter of timing. That begs the next question. Do people that heard the gospel back in the racist days get another chance to accept it since the version they rejected was so obviously flawed? Twenty years from now if the church changes drastically again, will the people that reject it today get another chance?
BlueHair is offline   Reply With Quote