View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 05:09 PM   #18
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Joseph Smth was incarcerated, tarred and feathered, beaten and murdered. His life is replete with repercussions.

I don't believe immediate consequences always follow every sin, even serious ones. God had so much invested in Joseph by that time, letting him fall may not have been allowable.

Was the kingship removed from David?
I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts if what Joseph Smith did was wrong and he continued to do it over a lengthy period of time and with multiple women, that God wasn't going to all of the sudden go laissez-faire with him and take him to task about it in the Hereafter.

Kingship <> Prophet

Quote:
President Wilford Woodruff stated:

“I say to Israel, the Lord will never permit me or any other man who stands as president of the Church to lead you astray. It is not in the program. It is not in the mind of God.” (The Discourses of Wilford Woodruff, pp. 212–13.)

President Marion G. Romney tells of this incident which happened to him:

“I remember years ago when I was a bishop I had President Heber J. Grant talk to our ward. After the meeting I drove him home … Standing by me, he put his arm over my shoulder and said: ‘My boy, you always keep your eye on the President of the Church and if he ever tells you to do anything, and it is wrong, and you do it, the Lord will bless you for it.’ Then with a twinkle in his eye, he said, ‘But you don’t need to worry. The Lord will never let his mouthpiece lead the people astray.’ ” (Conference Report, October 1960, p. 78.)
http://www.lds.org/portal/site/LDSOr...004d82620a____
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote