View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 10:05 PM   #9
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
This is the goofiest "poll" I've ever seen. What does "true" mean here? True in a metaphysical/allegorical sense, like a parable? True in the sense that the stories really happened once upon a time in a place far away? If the latter, how in the sam hill could anyone know, since there's not a scintilla of evidence there were such thing as Nephites, etc.? I mean, at least with the Old Testament we know there were Egyptians, and can trace what befell the Hebrews/Jews as a people up to today (excluding the "Lost Tribes"). Okay, some of you may have a "testimony," the poll is still silly because it suggests there's some empirical basis, e.g., "the events are more or less true, but reported with an extreme historical bias." Does one get a "spiritual witness" of this nature? Somebody's not thinking too clearly here. LOL.
Then mark the last option and move along, instead of being an asswipe.

I'm simply trying to find out how many people on this board think that the the names and characters spoken of in the Book of Mormon correspond to actual historical figures. As ridiculous as you believe such a prospect may be, at least two thirds of the people that responded to the question feel otherwise.

Last edited by All-American; 04-27-2007 at 10:09 PM.
All-American is offline   Reply With Quote