View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 07:46 PM   #14
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
I don't believe this happened. It is funny how with as many games as I have gone to at RES, I have not seen things this bad.
I believe it. I see it everytime I go up to the BYU/Utah game up there.

Every time.

Of course it's with the very small minorities of fans mind you.

Everytime I'm up at Rice-Eccles...I hear "F BYU" everytime whether they're playing BYU or not. Of course this isn't just Yewt "fans" who say that either. When I was down at Thomas & Mack Center for the MWC Bball tournament I heard "F**K BYU" dozens of times. You just learn to tune it out and not let it bother you.

Every time. And I've probably been up to Rice Eccles stadium more times than you have in the past 3-4 years. I'm not making it up and BDB isn't one to deliberately lie and make something up to back herself up either. This past game during the 2nd quarter...my brother suddenly yelled. "Ouch...damn!" we turned around and there's a lady holding a ten dollar bill that said and I quote "Some guy just paid me this to come down and kick you." This was right after Eric Weddle threw his touchdown pass. My brother and I just looked at each, laughed and turned back around. We didn't take it seriously, but could have made an issue out of it if we'd wanted too.

Like Il Padrino says....fans of both sides of the rivalry engage in bone headed behavior.

I do believe that the level of crass and rude behavior up at the U is more mean spirited, because I believe their hatred for BYU is much stronger than the hatred BYU fans have for Utah.

Last edited by RockyBalboa; 04-26-2007 at 07:54 PM.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote