View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 07:00 PM   #44
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
You are inferring an overly simplistic viewpoint from what I wrote, and in doing so evincing the radical PC viewpoint of culteral and moral relativism that has come to infect our schools, and is one of the primary reasons for their decline. You must believe that the current suffering in sub-Saharan Africa is all becuase of former colonial overlords.
You should know me better than this. I am far from being radically PC about this topic. OTOH, I find your position offensive, as I think I have made clear. Do you think NONE of the suffering in sub-Saharan Africa results from Colonial influences? What does this have to do with your original ill-advised comment? Your primary defense, so far, has been to attempt to paint me as a radical PC freak. (I defy you to find direct evidence to support this position.) Otherwise, you fall back on the "life is so much better for these people now" position. That is poppycock, and so is your belief that aboriginal cultural values were intrinsically inferior, as Diamond's book showed.