View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 06:15 PM   #36
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
No TIC, and I don't shrink or apologize from what I said. I'm sorry not to share your paternalistic, noble savage view of things. Do you deny that the developments which I referenced were better for the world? You can't possibly sit enjoying the privileges you enjoy and not feel that way. I know you are not so self-satisfied in your abstract notions of things that you are blind to that hard fact. Do you despise your liberties and material comforts that your fathers won for you? Have you ever read about the kind of lives that were led in Gaul and in North America before Ceasar and the Pilgrims came, the suffering, what the original inhabitants did to one another, etc.? It's a sad fact that civilization and liberty has itself left in its wake much bloodshed and suffering. I don't know why a loving God would creat such a world; it's the ultimate mystery. This is not an untenable ground upon which one could found an atheistic view of the world, and is the one most often cited. But what was there before civilizatoin arrived was not the Eden-like fantasy that you pretend existed in your self-righteous indignation. I think you know better.
Your response is only so much more windbaggery. You are arguing with someone, apparently, but not me. Show me where I ever said anything about "eden-like" existence. Apparently just to be safe, you also chose to take a swipe at religion. God had nothign to do with your very disappointing comment. Save the hyperbole for your closing arguments. I am too busy to respond fully to you on this topic right now, but I will later.