View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 02:49 AM   #3
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

As a lifelong Jazz fan, sadly I agree. Right now they are mentally weak and seem to have little resolve.

Since the All-Star break and the birth of his baby Memo has pretty much gone limp.

Boozer seems interested only about half the time. One play he'll be aggressive and do that sweet left handed dunk. The next play he'll have NO ONE in front of him and pull up for a 10 footer jumper. I don't get his passive/aggressive approach.

AK mentally seems to have basically just lost it altogether right now. I feel bad for the guy.

Deron is the piston that fires the engine, but has been playing with a bad groin for 2 months now.

Giricek is finally playing just like Sloan wants him too, providing instant offense and aggressive defense,,and yet Sloan dicks with him mentally by leaving him on the bench almost the entire 2nd half.

Derek Fisher....I simply cringe every time he shoots the ball.

Paul Millsap is an animal. Everytime he's in the game the energy and aggression level of the team rises.

Matt Harpring played tough too. In terms of mental toughness he's the only one on the team right now willing to knock someone on their ass.

The Jazz simply aren't a tough team. The 1st half yesterday they played tough minded. The 2nd half they turned into the team resembled that last month of the season. Soft, mentally weak, and when taking a punch...basically saying....."Slap me again Ike and this time put some stank on it!"

I love Coach Sloan, but it seems the players have tuned him out. I think he's been the most under appreciated coach of the past 15 years, but the only thing I've always disagreed with him on is his defensive philosophy when it comes to defending the 3 point line. He absolutely just refuses to do it. Sloan has got to be more frustrated than any of them cause he's the type of guy that demands you go out and knock someone down ,,,,but very few seem to be responding to his demand for physical basketball.

Last edited by RockyBalboa; 04-23-2007 at 02:51 AM.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote