fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My unresolved issues concerning the church

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtall
Joseph Smith and his 33 wives

The Salamander Letter

Polygamy
these are somewhat issues i have with the church.

joseph and his polyandric relationships are quite disconcerting considering the age, and circumstances of his marriages. he consistently lied to people around him about his dealings with his polygamous wives, one could make the argument, if commissioned from god why the need to hide what you are doing?

the salamander letter is a bigger deal than most here would consider it, which is ok, but i feel your pain on this issue. a man with his sole intention being to bring down the church is able to fool the collective church leadership? we are taught so many times that the spirit leads, guides, and directs the church how was the leadership not being sent spiritual red flags over and over and over again. lest we forget it ended up in tragedy that one could view as wholly unnecessary had the leaders 'been doing what was right.'

post manifesto polygamy is an issue that isnt really spoken of, or talked about. as you and most here know pres. woodruff issues a manifesto saying we are stopping the practice of polygamy, the church consents, and the practice is stopped. what most dont know, or dont care to think about is polygamy raged on for another 15 years until joseph f put an end to the practice and said, ok for real we are going to stop. people were instructed to lie to the goverment, some took the fall for the church, and again the church found itself being lied to by its leadership in regards to the practice of polygamy.
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote