View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 08:11 PM   #37
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Not to downplay someone's tragedy but I suggest this story may be a made up parable to illustrate a point, using what is in fact a rather far fetched scenario for the purpose of illustration, and provoking thought--i.e., what if someone were turned into a gay because he was molested as a child? Pretty hard to condemn such a hypothetical person, but it's then a short step to saying, well, if gays are born not made, then, what's the difference? It seems kind of cloying to me, but years back I can see how someone might have thought this would be a powerful object lesson.

I don't think the Sunstone people would be above passing a "parable" off as true since the practicing members there essentially beleive that that is what the Book of Mormon is. I can't fully explain why but the story doesn't ring true to me, partly because I think homosexuals are born not made, perhaps. The story also seems kind of dated.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote