View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 04:22 PM   #52
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur View Post
When a mormon missionary sets out to convert a Catholic, isn't he informing that person in what not to believe? Isn't the missionary basically telling that person that they shouldn't believe in Catholicism? Maybe it's just that mormon missionaries are more tactful in their approach than Aaron Shaf.
Of course we're saying that what we believe is the only true and living church and there's not a one thing wrong with that.

We just don't go poking our fingers in peoples chests telling them that. Bombasitic tones has never been the sales approach. At least as a missionary that was never my approach. It's true we're asking them to place their beliefs on the table and look at ours, but we're not using Anti-literature and disparaging what they believe. My point is to show them what I've learned and then whether they convert or not well that's entirely up to them to decide and if they decide not to, thats fine too.

People sometimes tend to forget that the decision to convert is usually, not always, but usually a FAITH based and spiritual confirmation decision.

For as long as you've been in the church I'd think even you would be able to tell a distinct difference.

Last edited by RockyBalboa; 04-16-2007 at 04:27 PM.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote