View Single Post
Old 04-14-2007, 04:47 PM   #16
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHair View Post
So are you saying the location of the opposition is a qualifier? For example, if I had a problem with women not holding the priesthood. If I stated in EQ that I think women would better priesthood holders than men. Everyone would nod and laugh and agree. But if I stood outside the church with signs that said women would be better priesthood holders, I'd be labeled an "anti"? That is probably true.

So what about missionaries of other faiths. What if they come into your house to share their message. In sharing what they believe to be true, it is obvious that they think pretty much everything about Mormonism is wrong. Are they anti or does their intent have to be more sinister?
No, location isn't the determining factor. The qualifier is that they are in active opposition to the church-- which thing will usually dictate your "position" in the long run.

As for missionaries of other faiths, if they are trying to share what they know and believe to be true, I don't see that as being anti; I don't see myself, for example, as having been anti-catholic for serving a mission in Spain. When they specifically target Mormonism to oppose it and seek to tear it down, that is, by definition, anti-Mormonism.