Old 01-11-2006, 02:06 AM   #6
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall
Default Re: Question on Larry H. Miller Decision

Okay, then maybe this one will be more to your liking:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeboy
Let me pose a hypothetical: suppose a movie came along that featured a love story between a black man and a white woman and LHM decided to pull the movie as a result. Let's suppose he brought up some old LDS GA quotes about the evils of mixing races (yes, there are plenty out there - I am guessing grapevine has some of them memorized), hence it is a moral/religous issue. Do you think it would be fair to criticize him then? In other words, regardless of which side you stand on in this debate, don't you think it is a bit absurd to claim he should not be open to criticism?
I find this analogy rather absurd as Larry Miller has issued absolutely no comments on his motives for pulling this movie. I just don't see the correlation. I could just argue your story independently but it seems rather pointless.

As far as whether or not its fair to criticize LM for pulling the movie I would think that its dependent entirely on each individual & their attitudes. Besides, fairness is rarely consided as far as issuing criticism is concerned. I don't believe that its 'fair' to criticise the man with so few facts available but that's my opinion.
realtall is offline   Reply With Quote