View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 07:22 PM   #14
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Who's attacked who in this thread? I asked a simple question. I made no derisive comments about the quote included in the intial post (in fact, I basically agree with it). I made no derisive comments about you or SEIQ in this thread.

Even after being smacked around by SEIQ in this thread several times, I've tried to respond with level-headedness.

I just wanted to understand what an "alternate voice" was, because the term in and of itself is extremely vague. The eventual linkage of Elder Oaks talk was appreciated and I at least have a better understanding now of what an "alternate voice" is than I did an hour ago.
Accepted. I just smelled a set up, because you asked whether SIEQ's point of view was exactly that of Oaks, and you appeared to ignore the advice of Mauss. You are quite clever in your debating technique, so my post anticipated a smack down by you. The talk and Mauss's appear to give level-headed advice for those who may march to the beat of a slightly different drummer. I appreciate the willingness of Oaks to at least acknowledge alternate voices which is different than the approach I imagine an Elder Packer or McConkie would take.