View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 05:40 PM   #34
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
This is not mentioning that TBS clearly recruits within the definition of the rules by the NCAA, the NCAA just doesn't want to pursue this type of thing at this time.

I have heard this is a question that TBS likes to use "how do you feel about the possibility for playing for the school that represents your church." That my friends right there is clearly recruiting. You have someone who is clearly a booster of the team, asking a question that portrays a positive of BYU to the recruit.
Do you mean booster in a financial sense or that they just are fans of BYU writing stories on a BYU website?

Also it's hardly portraying BYU in a "positive light" that it's a church owned school...I know I'm going out on a huge limb here,,,but my guess is these kids already know it's a church owned school and I don't think there's nothing dishonest about asking a legitimate question like that. lol...like it's a bad thing to ask a kid how he feels about going to a school that is basically only one of it's kind in the entire country that is a Church sponsored school. The OUTRAGE!

You and I will never agree here, so I'm sure we'll just volley back and forth. You're usually not a Yewt "fan", but today you have been.