View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 02:23 PM   #3
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
You take the arithmetic average of Monson and TBS and you get a balanced story. At least TBS doesn't pretend to be fair and balanced, unlike some jaded members of the media.

I see nothing wrong with the pro-player tone that TBS takes with its reporting. It's a pro-BYU site that caters specifically to pro-BYU fans and many player families. That's where their bread is buttered. If people want "balanced" reporting (and I use that term very loosely), there are plenty of FREE outlets available for viewpoints that differ from TBS.

Cracking on TBS for their style of reporting is asinine.
Well I'm an asinine kind of guy, what do you expect?

I could have been a lot more critical of that "article" yesterday. I went easy on it. I understand many people like the homer style, but it just doesn't do much for me. If every recruit is the next greatest. And every season is going to be better than the last. And every felony burglar charge was an overblown incident consisting of a couple boy scout football guys asking nicely for someone to stop attacking their girlfriend. If it's all like that, the value is completely eroded.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote