View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 06:14 PM   #29
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Not exactly true. The party not in power is fiscally responsible and the Dems hate the military. The problem with Bush is he didn't hate the entitlement programs as I do. He wanted to enrich the military and the entitlement programs.

The Dems will dismember the military, raise taxes (to be fiscally responsible BIG DEAL, it means I still don't get to keep anything, and continue to build up entitlements.

I will not enjoy the future, unless I can stash enough aware to move to Monaco where I can laugh at dumb Americans for killng their economy with taxes and entitlements.

Whichever party is in power wants the spoils of war. The difference Reps hate taxes and Dems love them. If I have to make the Pyrrhic Choice of low taxes with consequences later or high taxes and no money now, I'll take the former before the latter, because there is no promise of a better future under the latter. I have confidence in myself if I can have something extra. I have no confidence in others to do it for me.
Would you really want to live in Monaco? A little claustrophobic and exclusive for my taste.

I see where you are coming from, but I disagree with your assumptions. More importantly I believe in keeping a clean balance sheet for the future. But that may owe to my youth.
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote