View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 02:58 PM   #108
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Find a relatively decent-sized sample of GA bios. Track the amount of time between conversion and/or adulthood and when they were called as a GA.
To what end?

First of all, you are talking now only about time as being a member as the "qualifying" criteria for gaining the necessary experience to serve as a GA. You have just dramatically increased the pool of "eligible" black candidates (I use the word eligible in quotes because I believe they are eligible simply by being called- with or without any experience- whereas you seem to think there is some sort of length of time they must serve to be eligible).

I would be willing to bet there are tens of thousands of blacks with over 25 years of experience as members, perhaps even more.

Second of all, why are you so married to the concept of "needing experience" to be a GA? Just because most GAs called today have a lot of experience as members of the church? Since when does the recent custom become a requirement?

Could the church call anyone they want to be a GA? Yes or no? Have they called people before with little to no experience? Yes or no? There is the answer to your questions (and you don't even need to add!).
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote