View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 08:18 PM   #22
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
Finally the cycling forum wakes up and I'm out of town away from a computer.

A very nice choice for a bike. As far as pedals and shoes go, I personally use Shimano shoes with Carbon fiber soles. It is a very comfortable fit so far, as I've only used them for less than a month. As far as pedals go, I use Shimano Ultegra pedals, which are nearly identical to the LOOK Keo pedals. They are very comfortable and have variable float, which I think is very important. I think mine have about 5 degrees and I have no knee strain.

Some of my buddies have used both Speedplay and LOOK and prefer LOOK. I think they couldn't get over the "iceskate" feel of them and prefered the more stable feel of the LOOK. From what I've seen, I don;t think the speedplays will open you up for hotspots any more than most pedals will. Its not the size of the pedal that matters as much as the size of the platform and cleat attached to the shoe. Anything that uses a 3-bolt system should be fine. I started with a 2-bolt cleat and got hotfoot and numbness all the time.

Check out Performancebike.com on the cougarguard link (you're welcome Mike). I found my shoes and pedals for $100 each on sale, and also found a 10% off coupon.

Yes, get some good shorts. PI or Voler are my favorite. Voler is a bit cheaper.
I think my Nike cleats uses a 3 bolt system. I'm heading up to pearl izumi outlet in Park City today.. to get my bib, jersey and gloves. I still want a BYU jersey though!!
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote