View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 01:32 AM   #113
Solon

Solon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
It's sad that someone of ANY religion would think..."I just can't be a part of this church because I don't like this person"
I'm glad we agree here. I'm the first to admit I don't have a lot of faith - at least, "faith" in the traditional sense we learn about in Sunday School. I struggle with some issues, am stronger in others, but I agree that we can't get caught up in basing our membership on others who are in the same religion. The (LDS) gospel has a lot of good in it - more than I've found in any other religious tradition. I guess I'm a little touchy on what I see as extreme points of view (either in defense of or in attack on the church). It doesn't really have to do with you personally, but rather the time and place I grew up in. I do value your input and viewpoint, though.

Besides, I like your passion. Even if I don't agree with it in every case, I respect it. You definitely seem sincere - as much as I can gauge from staring at a computer screen.