View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 04:24 AM   #9
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Well, thanks to Comcast, the Utes (and everyone else for that matter) weren't even on local tv.

There was a 4 year window in the 90s when Utah was a terrific job, but ther was no need to fill it because th guy who made it terrific was already on teh hill. After Majerus left, it had gone back to where it was a top 25-30 job and Giacoletti left it in shambles. Right now, it's not that great, but it's ceiling is higher than most so-called mid-majors.

Utah and BYU are about the same kind of job. I'm fine with that. If there were 10 million residents along the Wasatch Front, both schools would be considered a much better job.
There's a difference between where your rank as a program and where you rank as a job. I think y'all are a bit silly with your #11 stuff, but I don't care to get into it. For the point of this thread, the issue is how good of a job it is. That has to do with finances and exposure and recruiting base. Past winning doesn't always play into that. For example, Texas A&M is a good job. USC is a good job. Minnesota's a good job. etc. At least half the big six conference schools and a handful of mid-majors would be in a position to nab Utah's coach.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote