View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 11:23 PM   #38
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

[QUOTE=non sequitur;67802]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post

Let me ask you an honest question, Rocky. Do you think the people who put out the anti-mormon literature are any less sincere in their beliefs than you are in yours? Do you think SU is any less sincere in his beliefs than you are in yours? If someone is sincerely expressing a belief, why the hostility? Why is it so difficult to simply disagree?
Nope I don't believe that. I don't hold you and SeattleUte or Aaronshaf in the same context.

You don't believe because of your own personal thoughts and convictions. I respect that.

SeattleUte and Aaronshaf also don't believe because of their own personal convictions. There is a difference between disagreeing and seeking to tear ones personal convictions to pieces.

The similarities end there. SU and Aaron both seek to tear down and degrade. They simply use different styles. One is obviously more intelligent and provocative than the other.

It really is as simple as that. I don't think everyone who doesn't believe is evil etc.etc..etc....and I've never once said as much...not one single time. What I've said and what is assumed by you and Arch is entirely different. Arch reads what I write and automatically adds words I've never said,,,yes literally adding words to change the meaning of my position which makes him intellectually dishonest.

I respect your decision to believe otherwise. I don't have a problem with it. I don't see you actively trying to tear down and denigrate those who do strongly believe in it either. I've a healthy amount of respect for you. I've also met you a couple of times and enjoyed talking with you.

People like Seattle and Aaron I do not respect. Their motives are transparent.

Note: This has nothing to do with other aspects of intellectualism...I'm speaking specifically about the LDS Doctrine, culture, beliefs...etc.

That's how I feel and I stand by it.

Last edited by RockyBalboa; 03-26-2007 at 11:32 PM.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote