Thread: Boxing vs UFC
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 06:18 AM   #7
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

I love both and respect them each as different sports. I agree with Rocky that the heavyweight class has hurt the sport as a whole. But I think as the De La Hoya/Mayweather fight approaches and if it lives up to a quarter of it's hype then it could go a long ways to helping the sport. I hope De La Hoya knocks his ass out.

I hadn't heard that UFC bought Pride. Do you have a link? That's huge news. So do all of the Pride contracts become UFC contracts? This sport is going to blow up with some super fights. Imagine Fedor, Wanderlei and Shogun fighting in the Octagon now. I knew the Rampage and Liddell fight was on. Before Rampage's first fight in the UFC he had only a 2 fight contract I believe and Dana was trying to sign him to an extension and should Rampage win his next fight he'll get his title shot. Rampage worked Liddell in a Pride fight. It wasn't even close though it is rumored that Liddell was fighting with a torn ACL. But that rumor I believe came out from Dana White. So who knows? Either way that will be a hell of a rematch.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote