View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 05:40 PM   #23
FarrahWaters

FarrahWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial View Post
I've done two marathons. The first pre-kids, the second when my son was a toddler. If you're going to do it, I suggest making sure Mike is totally on board and ready to sacrifice half a Saturday when you need to get a long run in. Danimal was great, but I still felt guilty. Pretty much our Saturdays were shot while I was training.

Also, I trained in the summer and there were a few Saturday mornings when our schedule kept me from getting in my long run early. Since there was no way I was going to run 15 or more out in the hot, humid Memphis sun, I went to the gym. One afternoon I ran 17 miles on the indoor track--that's 170 laps! I get dizzy just thinking about it.
Boy, do I wish I'd done the marathon before kids. But, with working 6 days a week (and Houston humidity is horrible to run in), I didn't. There's also a running group at White Rock Lake every Saturday that I could train with (if Mike can sacrifice some early morning Saturday basketball) That's why I'm trying to work up to it gradually, half marathon this year, maybe the full the next year. By then, the baby will be a toddler. I really get dehydrated quickly now, probably because I'm nursing.
FarrahWaters is offline   Reply With Quote