View Single Post
Old 01-03-2006, 01:48 AM   #55
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvatar
It's all there for anyone to see! I don't care what Compton personally believes about JS's intentions, etc. I can regard or disregard his opinions. This I cannot; POLYANDRY ocurred, and you didn't even appear to know about it until our little discussion on the Tithing settlement thread. So don't act like the authority here...have you ever even read Compton's book? Or did you just read someones criticism of it, and pass it off as your own opinion?
Such information in fact is not new ... it's been around a very long time in every anti-Mormon peice of literature available. Polyandry and poligamy are intertwined. Nothing you wrote or for that matter Compton has written shocks me. I am well read and fully aware of ALL so called skeletons in the church's closet.

What's truly interesting is that so many spend so much time examining the past and its so called controversies in place of examining the doctrine they live. let me put a thought into your mind ... if I am sealed to my wife and my wife is sealed to her father ... ?? let's consider another thought. God is just and Justice is absolute ... I have a very good friend who lost her husband to cancer at a young age, they had two children. She is remarried in the Temple, not sealed to the new husband and has since had two more children with the new husband ... what will justice demand on behalf of the children, the wife and the first and second husbands?

I prefer spending more time examining the doctrine as opposed to playing the victim and protesting that I have been lied to. Perhaps the brethren do respond to such issues by teaching THE SAME doctrine over and over again.

As far as the introduction of the BofM is concerned you focused and pointed to ONE aspect, even one to three words in the entire introduction -that is dealing in half-truths. Your post made it sound as if that is all the introduction has to say, when in fact it says so much more.
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote