View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 09:41 PM   #45
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue
It's not disbelief in the veracity of the Book of Mormon I question. Furthermore I have yet to read a post from Non Sequiter concerning the subject of religion that does anymore than question. On the other hand Illuvator consistently goes beyond questioning and directly or indirectly suggests that the church, or a prophet, or scripture is lying, covering up or misleading.

The fact that he does not agree with me has nothing to do with my belief that he is being dishonest. My post was not malicious, if one is going to make subtle or overt assertions one must also be prepared to be challenged. I pointed to an incomplete (half) rationalization he made, pulled from the intro to the BofM.

Sequiter disagrees with me, yet his feelings about the BofM come across as sincere and go out of their way to avoid language and intent to denigrate what others hold as sacred. Furthermore I neither do nor have not pretended to question a person’s moral strength or liken character flaws to unbelief or absence of faith. I question Illuvators intent and firmly assert that he writes to stir up minds and to encourage wallowing in controversy.

Rebuke me, but do not pretend that my words are overly harsh or even an attack, for they are truth written with passion and love ... love of the sacred and love of agency and the right of every man to believe according to the dictates of his own conscience.
Fair enough. But for future reference, I would suggest that following your testimony with a statement like:

"I do not believe your stories of dealings with your Bishop or your wife. ... Nothing you post further will ever be considered truthful."

is not the most effective way to make your point, win friends, or influence people.
I do not believe his story.
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote