View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 07:32 PM   #4
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I lucked out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvatar
She's my best friend, and fortunatley for me, she has no hangups.
Except for the fact that she is ready to give away the house at the Bishops request. :wink:

I wish I had more constructive input on this one. I was raised in an area outside of the Wasatch front with very few active LDS girls, most of whom were not exactly "dateable". I loved my time in Provo for the dating options and the fact that I met and married my wife while there. I am equally happy to be away from Utah for various reasons, one being the chance to live near more non-LDS individuals.

With that said, like many of the regulars here, I enjoy corresponding with other LDS people via cyberspace, and would love to have than one other BYU football fan (Steelblue) in my town of ~100,000 people to watch the games with.

The girls/women that I know in this area do not strike me as any more appealing for a future spouse than the LDS girls I met in Utah, other than the fact that they are more "experienced". Unless you are looking for open discussion on your/their sex life, I don't see any real value in a pursuing a non-LDS girls to date and marry.

As far as Iluvatar's statement about long engagements, I'm more of the philosophy of long courtship, short engagement. Easier to get yourself in "trouble" prematurely once engaged.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote