View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 10:50 PM   #20
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Man, that was a great article. I was tempted a few times but never gave in. I remember my junior year of HS we had only a handful of sophmores on the varsity football team. The coach called these kids the super sophmores. And these kids all were studs. Two of them ILBs and one a OLB and the other a RB. And one ILB and the OLB started. Well I remember going through spring ball and then starting up passing league and summer workouts and two of the sophmores started cycling steroids. Everyone knew what they were doing. They weren't injecting in the locker room but it wasn't a secret. They got everything from a pharmacy in Tijuana. By hell week (should have been hell weeks because our two-a-day went that long) that August these two kids looked like and lifted like freaks. Although I was taking everything you could buy at GNC (coaches supplied us with all of the supplements) I was really tempted to go the steroid route after that. We had the 1000lb Club (totals of three lifts: bench, clean, squat) and these two kids who were hovering around 200lbs made it easily. This was over 10 years ago too. I imagine that the use at my HS is way up from just two guys on the team.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote