View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 08:50 PM   #14
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
ETB caused Mormons to be less conservative?

It's nice when your opinions don't have to based in fact or argument.

What is your source this time? A book you have read. Check that, a book that you have not read, but understand, since you read a user review on amazon?
I said "if anything..." Do you understand that qualifier? Mormons are conservative for deep seeded reasons having nothing to do with ETB's term as president. You are the one who is way out there. Actually, I knew many people who feared the prospect of his presidency and were presently surprised by how much he had moderated by the time he took the helm.

Can you cite one example of ETB taking radical positions as President of the Mormon Church? You can't. I guarantee it.

By the way, he came to my mission and spoke for an hour or so and as a ZL I shook his hand and met him. He was a sweet easy going old man who just talked about missionary work and also had some sweet things to say about his wife and family. If you want an erascible extremist while in Mormon higher office it was Mark E. Peterson but he wasn't that influential.

As a rule I don't read whole books on Mormonism. They don't hold my interest. There isn't much there there and I "get it." I get the yin and I get the yang. Mormons are most interesting as a piece of the overall mosaic; the minutia is not interesting.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote