View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 08:44 PM   #1
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default concerns people may have about the church....

a. polyandry

b. post manifesto polygammy

c. different first vision accounts

d. masonic origins

e. money digging/seer stones

f. blood atonement/mountain meadows massacre

g. blacks and the priesthood

h. kinderhook plates/zelph

i. book of abraham

any others?

i see these issues as the main hang ups people have, and the fodder used by most antis to disprove the validity of the mormon faith...ill admit i have struggled mightily with some of these issues. i have doubted, i have studied, i have mulled over, i have questioned, i have felt betrayed and lied to, but ultimately i feel fortunate to come across a little knowledge about these subjects. i personally have felt a maturation of my testimony as i have sought knowledge on these subjects and revelation from the lord concerning these subjects. ive learned to appreciate the doctrine of continuous revelation, and the importance of being a steward unto oneself and ones family.

i remember testifying that the church was perfect and an amazing organization. while i continue to believe the church is a well oiled machine led by the hand of god, i have discontinued to say the church is perfect and always right. i believe now the church is the place to receive the fulness of the gospel and that the church contains the keys and shows us the path to unlock greather spiritual truths that lead us to know who we truly are.

but if you think about it, a highly sophisticated and worldwide organization having only a handful of strikes against it that mostly occurred in the first 20 years of its being is pretty remarkable. although the church has its flaws, it runs very very effectively.
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote