View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 06:30 PM   #20
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Jay, I apologize for my snide comment; however, you seem to not want to consider that mp pointing out that guard play is necessary for a team to get to the Sweet 16 and beyond. mp only stated that he didn't feel that BYU's guards were sufficient and you decided that he was only saying it because Utah basketball sucks right now - which it does - but he was only making an observation that is true. I can't think of a team that has ever made it past the 2nd round without solid guards. Can you?

As for seeding, there is no logical reason why BYU got the seeding it did in the past, but the NCAA is anything but a logical entity. There is rarely any logic in the decisions that the NCAA makes at any time, so BYU getting a seed of 12 can be explained for that reason alone.

That said, one thing that the selection committee does seem to look at is past performance and BYU didn't help itself the last few time in the tournament by going out and getting beat. Had your team won a game or two and proved that it deserved a more favorable seeding, it would have sent the message that it deserved to be seeded higher.
I don't seek you guys out to run rivalry smack. I don't go to your board. I don't start threads here cracking on you. I don't even post in the rivalry section here. I'm not about BYU's relative position vs the U. I'm about BYU. But if you come on a BYU board and talk smack, expect to get it returned. Seattle Ute was the one that started it last week, not me.

Mpfunk saying none of the four good BYU teams of the 2000's had what it takes to make a Sweet 16 run when teams like Bradley and George Mason make Sweet 16 runs, it's ridiculous. We just beat a ranked team by 27 points. We may not be top 16 but we clearly have what it takes to make a two game run. He backed it up with weak Andre Miller crap showing where his head is. It's weak rivalry smack. And if you bring it at me, whatever dude, good chance I'll bring it back.

By the way, do you really believe that BYU's guard play is worse than all 160 Sweet 16 teams of the past 10 years?
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote