View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 05:02 PM   #10
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
I was talking BYU too. My original post was that you simply did not have a team that was a Sweet 16 caliber team. I will forgive you for not recognizing what it takes to win in the tournament, seeing as how it has been around 15 years since you won a game. I will further forgive you for not knowing what it takes to get to the Sweet 16, seeing as how your team hasn't been there in over 20 years.
Rivalry smack is cute and fun. But that was last week, when we actually played. Time to move on or you look like a twerp. We'll ask you a question when we're interested in rehashing 1990's Ute basketball.

Any top 50 team has the potential to make a Sweet 16 run. Half of it is randomness in the seeds, the draw, and how well you're shooting.

Guard play and senior leadership are important in the tourney. Our guard play isn't stellar but we have inside scoring, we're money from the three line, and we have senior leadership. This team has what it takes to make a Sweet 16 run. I don't expect it, but out of the following teams: BYU, West Virginia, Stanford, Florida State, Tennessee, Ok St, Maryland, USC, Georgetown, Creighton, I'll bet a couple will make a Sweet 16 run, and BYU has equal chance to as any of those to be the one that does it.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote