View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 07:05 PM   #29
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

I know Norm Parrish, long time head coach at SLCC very well.

I mentored under him for 2 years helping to scout opponents and do a variety of responsibilities. Much of which included me being the errand boy going up to the U on many occasions and getting tape, material and variety of other things from the U coaching staff. SLCC does this on occasion with the other D-I programs in the state like Utah State, BYU, Weber.

The stuff that I learned about Majerus, and the rare few times during coaching seminars and other private tape meetings with him....wow....I will say this, Utah got off easy when it came to their NCAA sanctions. Yewt fans will simply look at it as a "Milk and Cookies" type over-reaction from the NCAA in taking away a couple of scholarships and limiting recruiting visits for a short time. I repeat...they got off easy. The stuff he did and got away with was the stuff never shown in the NCAA report and investigation. I repeat....the U got off easy and some of the violations detailed in the report in truth were mild. The ones they never investigated that Majerus thumbed his nose at and never got caught were egregious to say the least.

Dr. Hill deserved better than how Rick was to him the last 2 years he was there. Dr. Hill is a reputable and honest man and some of the things Rick said to him and how he even treated him were beyond despicable.

The truth is Majerus while a GREAT and BRILLIANT teacher, but that is where I end in having anything remotely nice to say about the guy. The older he has got, the more friends he has lost, simply because the way he treats people. He truly has a God Complex. He expects carte blanche in how he's treated, but rarely shows the same in return. Now I admit my interactions with him weren't all inclusive, but I saw enough and heard enough with my own eyes and ears to come to my judgements about the man.

Now I know me being a Y fan, is going to automatically disqualify me from having any Yewt "fan" believe what I wrote. I'm sure they'll start pointing out what a wonderful humanitarian Rick was in helping out kids like Andre, KVH, Afeaki,,,,etc,,etc,,,, and will that I'm just being biased and that's fine for you to think that way.

To be fair: I will say that former Weber State coach Ron Abegglen was no saint either. When it came to dirty pool recruiting wise he was almost as bad as Majerus was.

Last edited by RockyBalboa; 01-29-2007 at 07:11 PM.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote