View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 07:04 PM   #32
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
This whole thread hits upon one of the reasons why I believe the LDS church is in fact true. When I was inactive one of the reasons is that I did not believe that there was anything that could work for all individuals. I assumed that people are different enough that people would need different approaches to things. I just assumed the LDS church included one approach to salvation.

I have since learned that the church caters to all different types of people. It works for those who want to intellectualize the Gospel. There is no harm in seeking out truth, as long as you maintain a connection to the spirit. Those that need this type of process, are welcome in the Gospel and can obtain further knowledge.

Contrast this with the real hard line types like Rocky. His approach to the Gospel is much simpler, he reads the standard works and the words of the Prophets. He takes a very literal interpretation of every thing. This is in no ways inferior to the above approach, it is just a different approach. The Gospel also accomodates and allows for this approach.

Just look at the Quorum of the 12 Apostles you can find people who are examples of both approaches. These are just the extremes, and there are those in the middle.

So to answer Rocky's questions, it all depends on the person. Some people will fall if they go on this search, because his personality may not support this search and may be swayed to easily. Others may need the intellectual approach to maintain themselves in the Gospel. The beauty of the Gospel is that it recognizes that personalities are different, and accomdates this.
Thank you for being honest in your answer and approach to it.

There are many on here who could learn from you, including me. Of course Arch must think you're an idiot since according to him my question is "unanswerable". Some on here have had no problem answering it.