View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 03:17 PM   #18
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
If this were a fruitful plan, then you would let me know who the great Mulsim world leaders are.

Given that there are none, that should tell you something about what you are dealing with.

Every nation has historical grievances. The question is what do you do about them? Given that Muslims seem more than happy to shit where they sleep, a plan to expand their influence and power seems at best foolhardy, and at worst, suicidal.
We must not be communicating well. I have absolutely no idea what you meant by that or what it has to do with what I said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
And I would mention this also: they support OBL, knowing full well what the consequences of that support are: no peace with the West. Support of OBL is support of Jihad, which is war against the West.

Let's not kid ourselves.
True. But terms such as "support of OBL" and "war against the West" are overly simplistic. Many muslims are sympathetic with his stated aims, but strongly disagree with this tactics. Many are just too poorly educated to know any better.

As for Jihad, the Koran lists specific circumstances under which Jihad is not only allowed, but is mandated. The most predominant of which is occupation of Muslim lands by non-Muslims. That is why so many Muslims from many different countries flock to Iraq to fight U.S. forces and why such a high percentage of Iraqis (even the pro-democracy crowd) want us out. Ditto for Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Afganistan, etc. And of course, this is a major problem for Israel and the West Bank. We are in a catch-22. You can argue that we need to be there to fight terror. But our very presence there is what fuels the hysteria that leads to the terror.