View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 04:58 AM   #5
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
I was surprised that the Indy owner and Dungy made those comments, but I didn't see anything inappropriate about them. I think they were made out of humble gratitude and not in a condescending manner.

The interesting thing about Holmgren is that he's a very faithful Christian, but he keeps it pretty close to his sleeve. As you pointed out the likely fan reaction of Seattle fans, it's not hard to see why. He would probably get the same reaction in most other NFL gigs. When discussing his decision to go to BYU he made the following statement.

"Then a job opened up in Utah. Some of our friends questioned our judgment in accepting it. But Kathy and I viewed my position as assistant coach at Brigham Young University (BYU) as a unique opportunity to share our faith with the players, coaches, and students on a predominantly Mormon campus."
http://www.thegoal.com/players/coach...gran_mike.html

I wasn't being critical so much as expressing wonderment at the variety of cultures in our great nation.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote