View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 09:29 PM   #3
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
You obviously dont know much about the real estate industry. If you dont think Mortgage brokers do crap, then you are up in the night. Now i can agree that sometimes real estate agents will make hordes of money for doing very little, but you cant blame them for finding you a house or selling your house quickly, that is part of the job.

Title Officers can charge 60%, 70%, or 80% title insurance. The lower the percentage the cheaper it is to the client. and the less commission that is paid to the escrow officer. So they do have their choice. They also do lots of other things besides just closing the loan and pushing paper.

Maybe you should do a little more research before you say asinine things.
In my past I've been a licensed realtor and also a mortgage loan officer. I didn't understand the ins and outs of the title industry until recently.

I now work in an industry where if you have any fat in your value chain, India and China will kick your ass.

The real estate industry has people making above average salaries with below average education levels spending inordinate amount of time on menial tasks. Commissions will get slashed over time giving the industry a complete makeover.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote