View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 05:47 PM   #7
BigFatMeanie

BigFatMeanie is on a distinguished road

Because we're all confessing:

I don't use the term "gay" any more as a synonym for "lame" but I did use that all the time in high school. I tend to use the word "moron", as in "you stupid moron!" rather than the term "retard" but not because I'm worried about offending anyone's sensitivities - "moron" just comes out more naturally than "retard".

At one place I worked, the term "fagged together" was used to describe something that was hastily thrown together - a duct tape and bailing wire type of solution. That eventually morphed into something having a "faggy" design or architecture. I try not to use these terms now; however, they occasionally slip out when heatedly debating the merits of some technical design with my colleagues.

I do use the term "riced out" to describe cars from Asian manufacturers that are, you know, riced out. I also use the term "weezer" to describe things that are sterotypically Chinese/Taiwanese ("weezer" is a derivation from the word "Taiwanese"). That was a popular underground term (outlawed by the Mission President) in the Taiwan missions back in my day.
BigFatMeanie is offline   Reply With Quote