View Single Post
Old 11-12-2006, 11:17 PM   #5
BigFatMeanie

BigFatMeanie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyrum View Post
So you are being asked to do something that is against your principles and you are worried about offending your leaders? Just say no. No sense in "sustaining your leaders" if it means compromising your principles.
Not so much worried about offending my leaders. It's more of wondering what the principle of "sustaining my leaders" really means. Because "sustaining my leaders" is also a principle, this instance boils down to a case of conflicting principles.

Obviously there is no specific formula or guideline to one can follow when faced with a conflict of principles. I generally go with my gut in those situations. In this instance, my gut said "no" but I didn't nut up and tell the Bishop's counselor no. That's part of what bothers me about this situation - my own lack of guts.

Another thing that bothers me is the fact that the "conflict of principles" situation arose in the first place. I'm left to wonder if the stake president/bishop/bishop's counselor, etc. didn't see anything wrong with the way FOS was implemented or if they too felt something was wrong about it but they were too chicken like me to "just say no".
BigFatMeanie is offline   Reply With Quote