View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 02:03 PM   #6
FarrahWaters

FarrahWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
Goupies are another thing: Our lead singer and lead guitar player always got all the women and me and the drummer, who were the only responsible members of the group (showed up on time to all practices and learned all the material we were supposed to before practices, kept playlists and knew lyrics, etc.), were always stuck packing up while the other guys were off 'mingling.' That usd to drive me wild and made me almost quit a few times, except I was too resposnibkle to do that.
That's funny. I always went for the drummer.

I was never in a band (except for jazz band in high school ) but I was asked to play keyboards for this contemporary Christian album a couple years ago. I was helping one of my adult piano students with her songwriting, she couldn't read music well and didn't know any theory. When she asked me to play the keyboards on a couple tracks, I agreed, not knowing how cheesy and awful the music was.

As long as I had to listen to that painful music at long recording sessions, it did remind me of thing-- how great it is to play and collaborate with other musicians. Hopefully in the future I can play on a regular basis in some sort of ensemble or duo.

Now, aren't y'all impressed on how much I can type w/one hand while holding a newborn?
FarrahWaters is offline   Reply With Quote