View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 11:56 PM   #22
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyacoug View Post
I am not arguing that any particular process is required, other than a process which gives fair opportunity to be heard and present a defense at the hands of an impartial tribunal. Even a military tribunal could be appropriate, if it satisfied the criteria above.

Bush will now provide a military trial (and I have no problem wiith that). What upsets me is the fact that he can hold people for as long as he wants before any trial is granted and that, if given the choice, he would give no trial at all. It also bothers me to see how pervasive those thoughts have become in our society.

I am not bothered that intentionally disenfranchised individuals do not receive due process rights, especially those intent upon harming our nation or its citizens and interests.

These aliens have become non-entities devoid of rights as a result of their actions.

Due process is important for our citizens and for resident aliens, but for those combatting elsewhere, it makes perfect sense to NOT apply the Constitution.