Thread: Landis' defense
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 07:21 PM   #4
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
I reviewed the statement when it first came out last week and am still not convinced of his innocence. He does bring up several good points which would be difficult to dispute, such as the negative tests the days before and after the positive test. But much of the argument was about procedural errors by WADA and the UCI. This does very little for me. I could care less if protocol was followed or not. That alone does nothing to prove innocence or guilt. Either he doped or he didn't. I would prefer that they focued on the science and the facts rather than whether or not some lab tech followed established procedures and protocols.
You better not let Hoyacoug hear you say you could care less about protocols, given that it is a fundamental right of nature to have due process.

On balance, I agree with you. It is a very curious situation, and it looks odd, but nothing he said made me sit up and say "wow, Floyd got hosed" or somesuch. In fact, the lack of response to this thread, i think, tells the whole story. No one is outraged or excited or even mildly worked up. It is just a big non-event.