View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 10:49 PM   #3
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitdad View Post
I just got hired by one and am loathe to demonstrate my ignorance on a grand scale. That is what I use this board for.

I know about the different Sabbath, but what else besides what I can pick up on wikipedia?
Don't know a whole lot about them other than an interesting experience with a fellow on my mission in Korea.

Seventh Day Adventist strategy on proselytizing in Korea was through education system. They set up a bunch of elementary schools. I met a guy who was the head of one of these elementary schools and the minister of their local branch. This was a small town in Korea.

I met him doorknocking and we talked a long time, and he invited us back to have a few more discussions. He had a Korean translation of the Talmage Jesus the Christ. It was one of his favorite books and he seemed to agree with nearly everything in it. He used it in a lot of his sermons. I don't recall too much from it all, except that I left thinking Seventh Day Adventists maybe had more in common with LDS than any other religion. At least their doctrine as explained by this guy.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote