View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 04:57 PM   #6
Sleeping in EQ

Sleeping in EQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
...and then they began editing the intl movies at BYU.
I know of a person or two who have tried to raise a stink (and that's what it would be), but BYU's International Cinema gets strong support from the College of Humanities (at least from what I can tell). Lots of faculty and students attend and I understand that even Dean Rosenberg has been known to go to Spanish films.

You got me thinking, though, so I looked up the policy. Here it is:

"In accordance with BYU and College of Humanities multimedia use standards, we do not show R-rated films, or any films–regardless of the rating–with graphic violence, harsh or abundant profanity, explicit sex or nudity, or other material judged by the BYU College of Humanities to be unacceptable. But we remind you that since the purpose of our program is to educate, not to entertain, and since we are prohibited from editing any of the films we rent, we are sometimes obliged by our educational objectives to show films not intended for small children or films that contain mild profanity or minimal amounts of other material that some viewers might find slightly offensive or disturbing."

My experience is that they do steer clear of explicitly sexual and violent films.
"Do not despise the words of prophets, but test everything; hold fast to what is good; " 1 Thess. 5:21 (NRSV)

We all trust our own unorthodoxies.
Sleeping in EQ is offline   Reply With Quote