View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 07:19 PM   #49
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyacoug View Post
I fail to see what this matter has to do with Bush. You continue to treat this issue as if it is a pro-Bush/anti-Bush issue. Could you explain how that is the case? I also don't know where I have ever claimed that the government can cure "all" problems. I have raised a specific concern about the government's lack of ability to protect the economic capital of the world. That is hardly tantamount to saying all problems should be fixed by the government. Of course you already knew that, but, straight from the Creekster school of thought, believed you could build up a straw man and then act upset that I am not addressing your straw man.
You do believe that government is more powerful than it is and that government can solve more problems than it can. Obviously setting up a strawman draws your attention.

I do not believe we can protect our financial capitol. It is more than government could ever do, given the resources necessary and we do not possess the requisite technology.

For example what the jets going to do, assuming their weapons will accurately target a low tech prop plane? Should they fire knowing if they miss, their missles will explode upon a neighboring building?

Why should NORAD become immediately aware of all planes over Manhattan? Are you stating it should become no flyzone?

Are you a pilot?

Have you ever started flight school?

Have you participated in the military? If so, you must be aware of the chain of command.

Are you aware of the intricacies of radar?

Why do you believe the myth that we are capable of knowing what's out there, or that notices should travel up our chain of command instantaneously?